Vehicle Wash Engineer
This role exists to be part of the WashTec Australia Technical Service/Installations Team. The job function is to ensure that all jobs are completed technically sound and provide leadership and training to fellow service engineers as well as the customer service teams. The role will lean towards Maintenance excellence and standardisation of the Washtec carwash and associated equipment.
Title: Vehicle Wash Engineer
Reports to: National Service Manager
Summary of Essential Job Functions (Your Tasks):
- Perform Carwash preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with WashTec Australia’s on call schedule and install new carwash equipment in accordance with installation guidelines.
- Performing on call duties on weekends and evenings as required and participating in the on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
- Testing and commissioning of Three Phase and Single Phase Motors.
- Troubleshooting low voltage control systems; including wiring, limit switches, induction controls, PLC's, proximity switches, PCB's, and other electro-mechanical circuits.
- Installing and commissioning complete vehicle wash equipment and associated components.
- Understanding the commissioning and programming of new equipment.
- Strong diagnostic skills and the ability to think outside of the box to get equipment operational.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude. Specialising in mechatronics or automation background would be highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of electrical/mechanical terminology will make you a top candidate.
- You shine with your strong organisational skills, problem solving skills and time management skills.You have excellent customer service skills.
- A strong understanding of mechanical/electrical installation work and/or construction/engineering background.
- The ability to quickly gain the respect of company technicians, contractors and customers is essential as this will help build strong lasting relationships.
- Must have a minimum of five years of vehicle wash experience. (Either with WashTec or an alternative equipment supplier)
- Currently electrically licenced and be willing to transfer current electrical certification to meet the Australian standards/licensing requirements.
- Flexibility in travel from region to region when required to meet the needs of the role.
- Proficient English communication skills, including reading and writing.
As a company, we are as good as our employees. Therefore, we rely on you as an entrepreneur at WashTec:
- Subsidised accommodation for the 1st 12 weeks of arrival into Australia to help find suitable permanent housing/accommodation.
- Full-time ongoing role with four weeks of vacation leave per year.
- Fully maintained field service vehicle.
- Provide a full selection of hand tools to enable successful completion as service jobs.
- Provide private health insurance for the first 12 of months of employment. (Subject to pre-qualification)
- Working on a WashTec suite of equipment. (80 machines) within a 30-kilometre metro radius.
- Based in Adelaide, South Australia. (Reasonable cost of living)
- Working in a company whose business model is sustainable, which protects the environment and for which diversity and equality are core values.
- Relocation costs, including flights, meals, accommodation and allowances. (Capped at a fixed agreed price)
- WashTec will sponsor your immigration Visa requirements/costs into Australia. (Subject to immigration eligibility)
For further questions and formal applications to John Esparon at jesparon[a]washtec.com
WashTec is the world market and innovation leader in the field of vehicle washing. Over 1700 employees in more than 80 countries are shaping the future of the car wash business with us. As the inventor of the automatic gantry car wash, WashTec offers customized solutions for every requirement - with maximum customer benefit always in the foreground.
In Australia WashTec operates in every major region across the nation. We carry out both Installation and through life maintenance of all WashTec Car wash equipment.